Caisson Units (Milshaft)
Design Chemical Class DC-4 Resistance
Reinforced manhole units suitable for sinking by the caisson method manufactured to BS EN 1917 & BS 5911- 3 and carry the BS Kitemark where Appropriate.
Components (DN2400 - DN4000)
- A nominal 1.9m base shaft ring comprised of a concrete cutting shoe providing a 12mm overbreak and a standard 0.5m deep shaft unit.
- Chamber sections in 0.5m and 1.0m depths
- Jointing plates
- Butyl resin joint sealant
- Lifting brackets
- Landing slab 1.0m deep shaft ring
- Landing slab in two halves
- Landing slab support angle cleats
- Cover slab
The DN4000 caisson units are manufactured in two halves and have a separate steel cutting shoe comprising of components 2 to 9 inclusive as above.